womaninterrupted asked: I'm loving this. Not sure if my sides hurt from laughing or if it's the intense cravings that have taken over. Please tell me how to make those balsamic oranges.
Whenever your sides hurt it’s usually because your pants are too tight. Pants are a problem that way.
You make balsamic oranges the easy way, by choppin’ giant navel oranges in half. Sometimes you loosen the sections with a small knife, most of the time you realize you’re just gonna dig in with a fork anyway.
- You preheat your oven to 350, since that’s a great temperature for baking the heck outta fruit. While that’s going on, you dress up those orange halves (wouldn’t want them to be naked).
- You douse that fruit with a good quality, thick, balsamic. When you’ve seen the vinegar sink into the sections and into the rind, you drizzle some honey in the center of the orange halves.
- After all that, you still think your oranges look a bit naked, so you crumble some herb goat cheese on top of them. Why? It’s cheese, that’s why.
- Then, stuff ‘em in that oven for 15 minutes.
- At this point you’d like to warn people to not stick their faces directly into the orange immediately after removing it from the oven. It’s difficult to explain why there’s cheese, balsamic, honey and orange juice in a 2nd degree burn.
All this has made you *very* hungry. You’re off to make pie. Mmm. Pie.
- sianlovat likes this
- deadboyslikeme likes this
- rabbit-reporter likes this
- randomtinkfan93 likes this
- limesarebetterthanlemons likes this
- highschoolkitchen likes this
- theladyafterwards likes this
- delicatelyme likes this
- grabb likes this
- womaninterrupted likes this
- receiver likes this
- crumpeteatingwoofter likes this
- theleakypepper likes this
- section9 likes this
- maewe likes this
- ieatbutter posted this